Looking to reduce your centre of mass even more and have a lightweight alternator? This is the solution you require. The Denso 8162 60A is a 60A Alternator commonly used in racing applications due to its extra lightweight at 6 lbs.
We have designed an ultra racing lightweight kit that is compact enough that it will work on any pre-1999 Volkswagen 8 valve or 16 valve engine deleting the OEM water pump set up in favour of a Davies craig or similar electric water pump.
Perfect for anyone looking for weight savings or getting rid of the bulky OEM set up. This set up is a must for true track racer.
Base plate is tapped for an AN-16 O-ring boss thread. As standard we include an AN-16 to 1.25” Barb fitting to allow the use of original radiator sized hoses.
Kit includes the following:
- (1) Denso 8162 Alternator + Pig tail
- (1) 6PK-560 Belt
- (1) T6061 Machined base
- (1) T6061 Machined lower bracket
- (1) T6061 machined upper swing arm
- (4) M8 x 1.25 x 25mm stainless steel socket cap bolt
- (3) M8 x 1.25 x 25mm stainless steel countersunk socket cap bolt
- (1) M8 x 1.25 x 40mm stainless steel socket cap bolt
- (1) M8 stainless steel fender washer
- (1) M10 x 1.5 x 25mm SS Socket Cap Bolt
- (1) M10 stainless steel washer
- (1) AN-16 ORB to 1.25” Barb fitting
Special notes: AN-16 male union is available at no extra charge.