Fluidampr viscous torsional dampers are an essential component in building a high performance or high revving VW 827 16 V engine.
We recommend you read our FAQ on Fluidampr technology to understand why this product is right for you.
This is a custom application where we take the Fluidampr 551201 “1.8T” unit and modify it for fitment on an old school VW827 16 valve engine.
Application includes the following engine codes : 6A/9A/PL/KR/ABF
There is also an option that will allow you to keep the power but it requires spacing out the power steering pulley 6mm. The spacer is included when you select that option.
- Decreased Flywheel & Gearbox clatter (Especially with 02A/02J gearbox) . Flywheel clatter can be heard when converting from the OEM dual mass flywheel to a single mass flywheel (whether steel or aluminum)
- RPM drop reduction
- Engine Vibration reduction. Extremely critical with impulse wheels bolts coming loose in high horsepower 16V valve engine’s
- Sized for an OEM replacement. Does not over drive or under drive the accessories
- Steel construction with Black Zinc plating to combat oxidation
- Depending on the turbocharger set up , gains can be from as low as 3whp/4lb ft of torque to as high as 29whp/40 lb ft of torque
- SFI 18.1 certified
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Proudly Made in U.S.A.
- Any Volkswagen / Audi / Seat / Skoda where a VW827 16V engine has been used
- (1) Fluidampr 551201 unit modified
- (1) iABED 6.2mm T6061 hub adapter spacer
- (4) M8 x 1.25 x 20 stainless steel socket cap screws (If the power steering drive is not selected)
- (4) M8 stainless steel washers
Special Notes: Power Steering Drive
The power steering drive allows you retain your Power steering set up that is mounted under your A/C Compressor. Because the Fluidampr is substantially thicker than the OEM accessory pulley , you will need to space the power steering pulley out 6mm using the supplied spacer.
If you add the Power Steering Drive you will receive the following components in addition to those stated above
- (1) iABED Billet power steering v-belt drive adapter
- (1) 6mm OEM power steering pulley spacer
- (4) M8 x 1.25 x 55mm stainless steel socket cap screws
- (3) M8 x 1.25 x 16mm stainless steel socket cap screws
- (3) M8 stainless steel washers