The Fluidampr viscous torsional damper is an essential component in building a high performance 2.2 Turbo engine.
We recommend you read our FAQ on Fluidampr technology to understand why this product is right for you.
The last 2.2TT to leave the assembly line in Germany was over 17 years ago. By now your Original damper has hairline cracks in the rubber ring which is robbing your engine of horsepower as it is no longer adequate enough to perform the job it was designed to do coupled with the disheartening fact that Audi has discontinued the OEM vibration damper leaving countless to scour the globe for good used units. Say no more to such a tedious task as we introduce the worlds first viscous torsional damper for the 2.2 20 Valve turbo Audi inline-5 engine.
When starting this project, we sought the help of global legend Jeff Garner @ Four Ring’s Performance (fastest Audi in the world) who oversaw the design aspect of the project to create a product that will suite the needs of all Audi fans alike.
- Decreased Flywheel & Gearbox clatter (Especially with the 01E gearbox) . Flywheel clatter can be heard when converting from the OEM dual mass flywheel to a single mass flywheel (whether steel or aluminum)
- RPM drop reduction
- Engine Vibration reduction . Extremely critical with impulse wheels bolts coming loose in high horsepower ABA 8 valve engine’s
- Sized for an OEM replacement at 162mm. Does not over drive or under drive the accessories
- Steel construction with Black Zinc plating to combat oxidation of the elements unlike the OEM unit
- (6) equally spaced M8 x 1.25 threads on a 77mm bolt circle to allow additional parasite drives (dry sump , external wet sump pump drive , etc) or hub adapters (AAN application)
- SFI 18.1 certified
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Proudly Made in U.S.A.
- 1992 – 1998 C4 Audi UR-S4 / UR-S6 - AAN Engine Code
- (1) Fluidampr 651211 unit modified
- (1) iABED 4340 Chromoly steel hub adapter
- (1) Installation instruction booklet
- (4) M8 x 1.25 x 40mm stainless steel socket cap screw
- (6) M8 x 1.25 x 30mm stainless steel countersunk socket cap screw
- (4) M8 stainless steel washer
Special notes (Hardware & Balancing): Install hardware per OEM specifications.
The AAN (and other older inline-5) engines are balanced as a complete rotating assembly. We do not recommend installing this product on a motor currently in a vehicle. The rotating assembly must first be zero balanced and then the Fluidampr can be installed. Failure to follow this instruction will result in potential catastrophic engine failure or at minimum extreme cabin vibrations. Please seek the assistance of Jeff Garner’s engine building services or your local machinist before purchasing.