Fluidampr viscous torsional dampers are an essential component in building a high performance or high revving 1.8T 20V 058 engine.
We recommend you read our FAQ on Fluidampr technology to understand why this product is right for you.
Starting life as a 551201 , we machine and press on a 4 rib accessory drive for the A/C compressor. Finally a Fluidampr solution for the B5 community that does not require converting to a single plane serpentine set up.
- Decreased Flywheel & Gearbox clatter (Especially with 01E gearbox) . Flywheel clatter can be heard when converting from the OEM dual mass flywheel to a single mass flywheel (whether steel or aluminum)
- RPM drop reduction
- Engine Vibration reduction. Extremely critical with impulse wheels bolts coming loose in high horsepower 1.8T’s
- Sized for an OEM replacement. Does not over drive or under drive the accessories
- Steel construction with Black Zinc plating to combat oxidation
- Depending on the turbocharger set up , gains can be from as low as 3whp/4lb ft of torque to as high as 29whp/40 lb ft of torque
- SFI 18.1 certified
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Proudly Made in U.S.A.
- 1995 - 2000 Audi B5 A4 1.8T
- 1995 - 2000 Volkswagen Passat B5 1.8T
Included with purchase:
- Fluidampr 551201 Modified by iABED
- (4) M8 x 16mm stainless steel socket cap screw
- (4) M8 stainless steel washer
- (1) iABED crankshaft pulley spacer.
Special notes: This is a custom product and requires 2-3 week lead time to manufacture due to the zinc plating process.